Author Topic: 2014 Honda Civic i-DETC Diesel Hatchback to Debut in Australia (First)  (Read 906 times)

Offline Atomic

• Tom
    • View Profile
2014 Honda Civic Diesel Hatchback is Rumored to "Replace" North America's Honda Insight in the United States and Canada... and Come in Varoius Hybrid Versions, Electrics and Obviously: The i-DTEC Diesel.

Honda Civic Hatchback Diesel News and Pics

http://www.nitrobahn.com/news/honda-civic-diesel-to-debut-in-australia-by-mid-2013/

Offline 2o6

• View Profile
Re: 2014 Honda Civic i-DETC Diesel Hatchback to Debut in Australia (First)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 07:45:03 pm »
This will not happen.

Offline Atomic

• Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:14:12 pm »
What is to come of the Insight-derived CR-Z hatchback sports coupe? It is expected to undergo a complete redesign and become apart of the next generation Honda Civic line-up and have a traditional gasoline engine. There will be a hybrid option with expected class leading MPG (unlike the current car's figures), the availability of a hybrid/electric plug-in, a turbo diesel (unconfirmed) and other possibilities not yet announced -- thinking more in line of the Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf.

If an electric model is offered its technology reflect Honda and Acura's unique and innovative way of making it state-of-the-art for its timed release. Much of the speculation about the next Insight and future of the CR-Z has come directly from interviews with Honda's president and reported by Europe, Asian and North America editions of Automotive News. Some speculation has come from a highly reliable Temple of VETC contributor and an "anonymous" internal source and college buddy of mine who has proven to be correct on all early leads thus far.

Offline 2o6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:40:16 pm »
The 2014 Civic isn't "next generation". It's the current generation.

Civic EU hatchback won't replace the Insight.

Offline cawimmer430

• Der Benz Experte
  • Bloggers
    • View Profile
    • Wimmer Fotografie
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 07:58:29 am »
It's not a true Honda! It actually has torque and it doesn't rev to 9,000 RPM! Keep it in Australia and Europe!  :devil:
-2007 BMW 118i Automatic 5-Door Hatchback (E87)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie
www.flickr.com/photos/wimmerfotografie
http://wimmerfotografie.tumblr.com

Offline Atomic

• Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 04:39:46 am »
Cooler shots  :wub:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/11/new-785-mpg-honda-civic-16-litre-i-dtec.html

What Honda is actually trying to say without coming out with the exact words is that the "next Insight" (a series of alternative fuel models, I predict) will move from a separate car line (like Prius) and into the Civic line-up. I will do my best to dig up the clues I found a few weeks back. As I recall, I could not copy and past the password protected site or even link it... but will provide the date and issue.

In the meantime, I think the Diesel Civic's in the above link looks hot!

Offline Atomic

• Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 04:54:42 am »
2013 Honda CR-Z Pics and Prices:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/11/honda-presents-2013-cr-z-with-new-li.html

Reasonably prices, I think...

Offline Atomic

• Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 05:16:47 am »
The 2014 Civic isn't "next generation". It's the current generation.

Civic EU hatchback won't replace the Insight.

I hear you, 2o6... and appreciate the need for clarification... I provided a bit more info (couple boxes above) before accidentally missing your comment until just now. Too early in a.m. to be on the road for a business trip. Lol!

I have heard about an alluded "Honda Civic Insight" -- featuring greatly increased fuel efficiency in the form of a diesel hatchback, an electric motor variety and hybrid amongst traditional gasoline powered Civic models. The company president indicated that the "Insight" will live on in some capacity while not likely carrying on as a separate line-up along with Fit, Civic, Accord, CR-V... and so on...

Another thought is the Fit, too, carrying on with some of the current Insight's traits and name...

Too early in the game but a pretty strong hint, I think.