Author Topic: Insane log truck accident  (Read 1165 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Offline dazzleman

  • *****
  • Posts: 42865
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:39:04 pm »
What a nightmare.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Offline Secret Chimp

  • *****
  • Posts: 16429
  • best coast
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:47:58 pm »
I hate being behind those things. Least confidence-inspiring load securing ever.


That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Offline Eye of the Tiger

  • *****
  • Posts: 39717
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:54:55 pm »
I feel like that is going to happen every time I get behind the wheel of a truck. I'd say a 90% chance some idiot in a car cuts me off and I have to jack knife and tip over to avoid crushing them, 10% chance the piece of shit truck I'm driving just has a catastrophic mechanical failure, < 1% chance I just screw up.

Offline Eye of the Tiger

  • *****
  • Posts: 39717
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »
Sometimes, I really want to bring my Mosin-Nagant in the truck with me, so I can provide an alternative to all the suicidal idiots who want to die with a 40-ton truck on top of them.

Offline Mustangfan2003

  • *****
  • Posts: 6972
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 06:01:53 pm »
Yeah I don't feel great about driving close to them either.  I remember when I was in high school a truck lost its load in a town near me and it landed on top of a car killing the driver.  

Offline Eye of the Tiger

  • *****
  • Posts: 39717
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 06:06:19 pm »
PROTIP: don't sit there driving along side a truck like you're afraid to pass it. You should be afraid to be anywhere near it. Pass it at speed and move along.

Offline thecarnut

  • *****
  • Posts: 18063
  • Official Ricer
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 07:15:24 pm »
PROTIP: don't sit there driving along side a truck like you're afraid to pass it. You should be afraid to be anywhere near it. Pass it at speed and move along.
Srsly. I get the fuck out of the blind spots ASAP. And I'll admit, a lot of times I'll drive like a douche on the highway (shooting the gap between cars, passing left lane campers on the right, etc), but I never fuck around near big rigs (and motorcycles).
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner

1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Offline Gotta-Qik-G8

  • Anybody thats talking all the time.....is lying half the time!
  • *****
  • Posts: 5359
  • GM fanboi.....
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 09:07:57 pm »
PROTIP: don't sit there driving along side a truck like you're afraid to pass it. You should be afraid to be anywhere near it. Pass it at speed and move along.
My granddad always preached the same thing!
Wish list: Z06 Vert

2008 G8 GT,1994 Corolla LE,2007 GSXR 750

Offline HotRodPilot

  • Highway Man
  • *****
  • Posts: 5554
  • Welcome to Costco. I love you.
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 10:22:43 pm »
2000 Mazda Miata 5M

Offline Rupert

  • *****
  • Posts: 36744
  • GEOLOGIST
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 12:11:40 am »
What's awesome is being run off the road by those fuckers in the woods. You wouldn't believe the speed they're willing to carry around a blind curve while on the wrong side of the road.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa

12 cars, 54 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 4 automatic, 2 FWD, 38 doors, 1986 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA (like, literally)

Offline Eye of the Tiger

  • *****
  • Posts: 39717
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 12:30:37 am »
What's awesome is being run off the road by those fuckers in the woods. You wouldn't believe the speed they're willing to carry around a blind curve while on the wrong side of the road.

Private logging roads? It's a race track for log trucks. Look out. :lol:

Offline Rupert

  • *****
  • Posts: 36744
  • GEOLOGIST
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 12:32:25 am »
Public. I do. :lol:

Actually, it's pretty rare to see a log truck on public lands where I usually am.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa

12 cars, 54 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 4 automatic, 2 FWD, 38 doors, 1986 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA (like, literally)

Offline Mustangfan2003

  • *****
  • Posts: 6972
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 07:08:40 pm »

Offline AutobahnSHO

  • *****
  • Posts: 25553
  • resident SHO and Subie troll
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 11:18:52 pm »
Funny how the woman driving the car started that mess.  How do you hit a semi that's in the left lane??? ??
Will
 
Current: 1997 Subaru Legacy wagon (silver), 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Hatch (Red),  1988 Chevy conversion van (white)
Previous: 2004 Toyota Sienna (white), 93 Miata, 99 Grand caravan, 83 CRX, 92 Plymouth Voyager, 91 Taurus SHO, 89 Eagle Premier, 90 Taurus, 90 Taurus, 83 Civic hatchback

Offline sparkplug

  • ***
  • Posts: 1161
  • CarSPINNER
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 11:52:32 pm »
I'm amazed nobody died. You should always be careful around a big rig and especially around a log truck. They have logs sticking off the back. So you might get killed if you run into the back of that.

The logging company always get the blame or sued, regardless of fault. They're the biggest truck and had the most damage.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

Offline Mustangfan2003

  • *****
  • Posts: 6972
    • View Profile
Re: Insane log truck accident
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 11:16:35 pm »
Small world, just realized that this guy, the one driving the van, used to go to school with me.  He ended up dropping out sometime after he turned 16.